With each Press Release you should supply an image that can be posted with the announcement. Not all mediums will use or publish but those that do allow you to demonstrate the professional nature of your news and position your brand as a leader in the space. A simple 680×360 image capturing the announcement.
A screenshot with logo, Icon simulating the announcement or Royalty Free images are all acceptable.
There are hundreds of websites providing royalty free images, some free and others require pay per image or subscriptions. We suggest using an affordable (cheap) site that includes images from all different topics/subjects. Going with the paid option will avoid any copyright issues that may arise from the free route.
For an affordable option, we recommend: https://shop.stockphotosecrets.com.
Google search can also be used to gather free royalty free images. Here are the steps to follow and checks to implement to ensure what you use is safe:
- Enter a search term in Google Images search.
- Click the Gear icon, then select Advanced search.
- Scroll down and use the usage rights drop down menu to select free to use or share, even commercially.
- Click the Advanced Search button.
- The image search results will provide you with a plethora of images to choose from.
- Just to be safe, you want to double check that the image is really “free” to use. There are tools, many free, to check usage rights, like the TinEye reverse image search, that can help you locate additional information or creative commons usage.
- This step is highly recommend as other webmasters and bloggers could have removed the copyright and metadata from the image and re-uploaded without the owner’s permission.